Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm Back!

Hey everyone! I know I've been a bad, BAD blogger. No posts for over a week. I've been having a very... meh... time of it. The new meds are working well but mentally I've been in a swamp. I've had no energy. Always tired but not sleepy. Nothing really piques my interest or sounds like fun. I'm either, depressed or anemic. I'm taking my Zoloft (insert happy blue pill here heh) so I don't see how it could be depression but it kinda SEEMS like one. NOTHING interests me. I HATE it when I get like this. R and J do too. Shecky just wonders why I'm so cranky and then hugs me very enthusiastically. (That HELPS... a LOT but I can't staple the kid to me 24-7... Can I???) It only helps for a short while though. Bleh.

Anyway, I'm trying to get my head out of my ass and back into everything. I've been reading the blogs that I regularly haunt but not saying much. I was checking out Oh, The Joys today and saw that Jessica had tagged me for a Me Me. 7- 10 Things You Don't Know About Me. I'll work on that tomorrow and post it for y'all.

As far as the weight loss front, that's kind of what started the mental spiral. Its not going really well. I was completely off plan for a couple of weeks. Monday I started trying to count points again but I've been unsuccessful on that front. I'm not eating a lot but I'm not eating WELL either. Back to the old bad habits. So... I'm kicking myself in the ass, yet again. Starting tomorrow morning I COUNT MY FRICKIN' POINTS. I'm going to eat regular meals and pay attention to WHAT I'm eating and stay within my 34 points. Period. End. No Excuses. No dodging it.

I'm also researching Gastric Bypass. My doctor suggested it to me last visit and I've been thinking about it a lot. My health insurance won't pay for it but R's will. I'll be on his insurance June 1. Anyone out there that's had one or knows someone that's had one and is willing to talk to me about it gimme a hollah. (ESPECIALLY if you live in Houston, TX. I know NOTHING about the Bariatric Surgeons here... sigh)

Ok. I'm out for now. You all have a great rest of the day and I'll be back tomorrow with a food diary, some jokes and a Me Me. :)

2 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Hang in there, Tessa.

Anonymous said...

Tessa, stop kicking yourself. It happens. Breaking old habits is tough to do. Your looking at a marathon runner on that issue. I'm not going to say you'll always have slippage, but I will say until the new changes become deep set habits, the old ones will creep back on ya now and then. Just jump back on the wagon as soon as you recognize it...btw, you did good noticing that quickly...each time will be easier and the slips to bad habits will be less and less. So hang in there lady, yer doin' good!

I thought about gastic bypass. Even checked it out...the whole idea makes me nervous. Too much chance of some nasty complications in my case. As much as I'd like to give it a shot...I decided against it. I like my life. I hate the weight, but want to keep living.