Monday, April 21, 2008

This Is...

Redneck Idol!!!!


OMG. I had SO much fricking fun Saturday night.

I actually went to a bar and sang Karaoke for the first time in YEARS. I managed to sing 2 songs before my partner in crime, J, got to tired for words. The first song was Nothing Compares 2 U by Skinhe...err.. Sinead O'Conner. I did a decent job on it. My legs shook the WHOLE way through the song though. I got a lil audience reaction but not much.

I actually got the crowd to pay attention on the 2nd song. I sang Crystal Gayle's Cry. It started out shaky. The first verse was just... bad. I was recovering from the oddest conversation I've ever had and I just wasn't in it mentally. Then I hit the first chorus and just let it RIP! I nailed that sucker to the WALL. They whooped and hollered and stood and clapped. I was STOKED.

The odd conversation in the bathroom? Well...I got the strangest compliment EVAR. There was this lady in a pink tank top hanging on all the men in the bar. No WAY could you not notice her. She stopped me in the ladies room to tell me "You have REALLY nice boobs." I had no CLUE what to do with that so I muttered a soft and hurried "Thankyou" and got the hell outta there. Heh.

I'll definitely be going back and singing again. I forgot how much I love it. How much it makes me feel ... right.

No comments: