Monday, October 8, 2007

Update and Links I'd Like You To Visit

Good Morning! Happy Columbus Day! I have some things I wanna talk about today but its nothing terribly important.

Here's a quick update on the weight loss scene. I lost 5.2 lbs this week. I'm at my lowest weight in AGES. I now weigh 420 lbs. I'm getting so close to breaking the 400 lb mark I can freaking TASTE it. AIIIIIIGH. I found out last week I actually only gained 3 lbs not 5. Mom rounded up when she told me verbally. I yelled a long time about THAT one. Heh.

My walk today was really good. I managed 7 minute cycles of walking rather than 5 and I got in 10 laps per cycle rather than 7. It was sort of a power walk... for me. LOL. A REAL power walked would have looked and said... "Ummm... lady... yer CRAWLING" but I feel good about having managed to increase my time, speed and number of laps. Gonna aim for the same for the rest of the week.

My friend Jess over at Oh, The Joys is having a rough time. Her grandmother passed away very suddenly this weekend. She's got a very moving tribute to her up on her site. Please go by and check it out. Give her some support and love from the Blogaverse!

Another friend of mine, Wendy, over at One Day At A Time... is asking the Blog Community to stand up and help her support a really great cause. If you can afford to donate I encourage you to do so. If you can't, like me, perhaps linking to her and giving her more exposure for the cause would be a nice way to help out. Her email to me follows and it contains a link:

Tessa,

Hunger is an issue that has become very important to me and I have decided to get involved! I am walking in the CROP Hunger Walk and I need your help. Please consider making a donation to my efforts. Your donation supports programs that work to solve this world-wide challenge.You can help me by making a donation online. Click on the link below and you will be taken to my personal donation page where you can make a secure online credit card donation. Thank you,Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Church World Service.

Wendy

That's it for now. I'll be back tonight with today's Menu.

OH! Shecky is FINALLY off restriction and can go play. PRAISE JEBUS I made it through! errr HE MADE IT THROUGH... heh.

No comments: