Saturday, June 28, 2008

Surgical Precision

Yesterday I had my consult with the surgeon. He said I have an endometrioma. He's basically going to do another C-section and remove it.

OY! I hope it doesn't take a year to heal this time. That... would... suck.

I'm also considering having lap-band surgery on my stomach. Has anyone out there had it done? If so please email me with your experience? tessalemmons@gmail.com.

I also wanna give a shout out to my friends on Plurk for being there for me when I was wigging out about the consult AND for remembering when the consult was and posting a Plurk in support. You guys were a great source of comfort. You ROCK! :)

5 comments:

Devyl Gyrl said...

The lap-band surgery always scares me, even though I've seen plenty of people helped by it .... but if your doctor thinks you are a good candidate, and you have researched it, you know we'll all support you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery. Is the endometrioma the same as endometriosis? My friend patricia has that. I know it can be extremely painful. I think it was really sweet how you realized and appreciated what your parents had done for you. (((hugs)))

~Laura Iriarte/aka lauralovesart

Anonymous said...

Looked up endometrioma and discovered why it is worse than endometriosis. I'm really glad you are getting it taken care of. Endometriosis is painful and problematic enough; no wonder you are in such terrible pain. I wish you didn't have to go through all of this, but am certain that you will feel so much better afterward. Think positive, you're in so much pain now, recovering from surgery will be a breeze!
I don't know anything about your weight or history of struggles with it. I'm guessing that you are much more beautiful than you feel while you are going through these health problems, but I'm also all for trying to do what you can to ensure a long and healthy life. I just say to do all of the research, and as with any surgery, the more experience the surgeon has the better the results. I trust your judgment and will support your decision.

Gknee said...

good luck on your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I thought about the Lap-band too but am a little scared. First, I don't know if I could do the liquid diet for so long.

Gknee said...

good luck on your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I thought about the Lap-band too but am a little scared. First, I don't know if I could do the liquid diet for so long.