Friday, July 25, 2008

Finally...

HOME!

I got a clean bill of health. I apparently have a VERY healthy heart. Better than it has a right to be with my weight! WOOT! My lungs are STRONG! ::flexes lungs for a better view::

Apparently, my little breathing issues were brought on by stress and anxiety and it just presented in an odd way. I've had panic attacks and anxiety attacks before and NONE of them acted like this. I mean... not really. Yes, the tightness in the chest and feeling like I can't breathe were similar but my mind wasn't racing... wasn't flying all over the place trying to control the "event" and causing the panic to worsen...

However, I HAVE had a lot of stress over the last year. The last two weeks have upped the ante stress-wise. My surgery, my nephew's surgery, Unca B's surgery, struggling with whether or not I should return to the lake for the school year and continue my weight loss efforts there. Should I keep Adrian in that environment and community another year and let him become more invested in it before, ultimately, ripping him out of it and bringing him back to Houston where he'll have to start over in the 4th grade. I will have to learn to manage my eating here. I will have to learn to make it work in THIS environment... but is now the time? Just lots of... stuff... going on in my head. I supposed it IS entirely possible it was panic and stress.

Regardless, I AM HOME! I do have to say, if any of you are in the Houston area and have to go to the hospital... Houston North West Hospital just offa FM 1960 is great. It's clean and modern. The staff if knowledgeable and personable. Very friendly and caring. They encourage questions and give detailed answers. They WILL take the time to make you comfortable in all ways. My family and I were very impressed. :)

9 comments:

Hockeyman said...

*dancing banana*

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy that not only you are healthy, heart-and-lungwise, but also pain free already. That piece of news really made my day. Now you know you don't need to stress too much about weight issue. It will be easier to lose weight now, right?

lauralovesart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

so glad to hear you are HEALTHY! (((hugs)))

~Laura/aka lauralovesart
http://lauralovesart.wordpress.com
http://thesmartmomsnetwork.com

Devyl Gyrl said...

I'm so glad you are home safe, with a clean bill of health, and that your surgery wound is healing properly.

I love you *hugs tight*

greytfriend said...

I'm thrilled about your better-than-expected report. I'm sorry you are wrestling with so many concerns. I know that you have a wonderful, supportive family and am certain that with their support, and your strength, you will be able to continue your efforts toward even better health regardless of where you choose to live.

zdoodlebub said...

Love and hugs to you. Glad you are on the mend.

There are no mistakes. Only more opportunities to learn.

bel said...

Glad to hear the good news! My wish for you is that you keep on feeling so well.

Anonymous said...

That's darn fine news! I'm so glad for you and well. This post put a smile on my face.