Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Child Has Lost His Mind

I have to share this. Shecky isn't even HERE and he's cracking my shit up! I was just on the phone with Mom. We were talking about Father's Day and what Dad needs etc. Suddenly, I hear my child's voice over a walkee talkee. I can't really understand what he's saying but then I hear Sparky's voice saying that Shecky was trying to "Change the channel". Now, I'm completely confused at this point. I was like... "The Hell?" Mom provided the following explanation:

Three of the kids have walkee talkee's. Shecky, Sparky and one of the other kids they've been playing with. They all use them to talk to their parents/guardians up at the lake and let them know what they are doing or where they are going. Its a neat little system really. Each child and corresponding guardian is on a specific channel 1, 2 or 3. (It makes sense. This way there is no cross talk or confusion as to which child is doing what.) However, the kids want to be on the same channel to talk to one another.

Now, being the top notch problem solver that I am, I commented that there should be more than 3 channels. Why don't they use one of the others to talk to each other on. Mom confirmed that there are like 8 channels. I, once again, asked why not use one of the others and this was her reply...


"They could but... they're all riding around together on the same golf cart."

I... have... no... words. Well, except, "The HELL?" LOL

2 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

These crazy kids today! (Heh.)

Victorya said...

Very cute story! Thanks for sharing, made me smile