Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part


Have you ever been in a holding pattern?


It seems like MY life is one big holding pattern right now. I get up, I go to work, I come home, I'm exhausted, I fart around the house for a while watching TV or whatever, I go to bed, I sleep. It starts over. Nothing changes. Nothing is new. Nothing excites me or grabs my attention.


I know, a big part of this is because I AM just... waiting for now. I turned in the paperwork to my doctor today. Hopefully very, very soon I'll know if I'm approved for medical leave. Then I'll get my things together and go to my folks place at the lake. There I will exercise in the water twice a day (once AM once PM), walk short distances three to four times a day, eat 34 WW points worth of food and try desperately to get my health and my life back on track.


I'm excited and I'm scared. I'm hopeful and skeptical. The waiting... Oy Vey... its KILLING me. See, before I was born, when they were passing out personality traits in Heaven, I thought when they said Patience they meant PATIENTS, like, in a hospital and I HID... sigh.


::bounces in chair:: C'MON!

2 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

Hang in there!

dawn said...

Hi I found your blog thru Rachelle and I wish you the best a friend of mine went thru the band surgery. I know this is more intrusive. I hope you get your leave.