Saturday, September 22, 2007

Potts Mania!

There is a simple man named Paul Potts. He's a mobile phone salesman in South Wales. He won Britain's Got Talent. Let me tell you folks... this man... is just... WOW!

I tried to post a YouTube video of him singing on here but yeah... my connection sucks and it won't post more than a few seconds of it for some reason. Go to YouTube and search for Paul Potts Semi Final and get a load of this man's voice... and his heart! I've viewed the video so many times I no longer keep count and it moves me to tears every time.

I know Britain's Got Talent was a few months ago. I mention all this now because Mr. Potts has a CD in the stores now. I bought it yesterday and its been playing on repeat ever since. Yes... he sings Opera. I know a lot of folks are not fans of the genre but if you love a pure voice and listening to someone sing through their heart and their soul you MUST give this CD a listen.

The only REAL criticism I have of the CD is that My Way... in Italian... it just doesn't work for me. I would have loved to have heard him sing it in English as well as Everybody Hurts and You Raise Me Up. (The latter two work better in Italian than My Way did though.)

I'm not being paid for this, BTW. I just want to do whatever I can to help support this man and his fledgling career.

2 comments:

Ms. Skywalker said...

The video of him singing for the first time on that show left me sobbing at my computer.

Like a baby.

Moved me in a way that music and hope has not moved me before.

zdoodlebub said...

Wow. Like you said. Just. Wow. Loved the audience's reaction to him.

Might I also plug the America's Got Talent winner, Terry Fator? After he made it to the final 20, he still honored a commitment to our local Rotary Club and performed at our church. He donated his usual fees because the event was to raise money for a special needs athletic field with a surface for wheelchairs and artificial limbs.

He performed in our small town on July 20 and went on to win the whole competition later in August. He was amazing.