Monday, September 10, 2007

Two Whoo-Hoo's and One Getting Old Sucks

Today has been a mixed bag. I tied my own shoes!!!! (You have no idea how happy that made me.) It may seem like a small odd thing to get excited about but when you're 38... and can't tie your shoes without help... well... it sucks.

I sat in the Eye Dr's waiting room chair easily. Neither Mom nor I thought I was going to be able to but I slid right in. ::Does happy dance:: Again... its embarrassing as all hell when you can't.

Here's the "Getting Old Sucks" part... I need glasses. Shecky and I both got our eyes checked. Mine aren't TOO bad 20/40 and 20/60. I need glasses to watch TV, drive or anything of that ilk. I don't need bi-focal thank goodness but I do need to wear them all the time.

Shecky's eyes were bad. 20/80 and 20/100. He seems OK with having to wear glasses though. Husband wears them all the time. J wears them all the time. He's used to seeing people wear them on a pretty regular basis. Getting him to keep up with them is going to be the trick. We'll see how it goes. 10 more glassless days for both of us...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's GREAT! Good for you! I'm proud of you, and I know it's a big deal. Keep up the good work!