Thursday, January 17, 2008

Calling All Opinions!

I need the advise of my friends on the Internet.



Shecky is playing little league basketball. He all but BEGGED to be signed up for it. However, he doesn't have a CLUE how to play and he isn't paying attention at practice so he can learn what to do. It's making me... ::Waves arms in air and makes babbling noises while eyes bug out:: ... a LOT!



I've tried being understanding. I've tried talking sweetly to him. Tonight, I sat him down and asked him point blank if he still wants to play and he said yes, emphatically. I then told him if he really does he needs to straighten his act up and act like it. I explained that he needs to LISTEN TO THE DAMN COACH and DO WHAT HE IS TOLD and PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS GOING ON ON THE FRICKING COURT or else we are going to stop going to his games and practices. Holy Hell. You should have SEEN his face. He was shocked, dismayed and hurt.

My mother says I went too far and was too hard on him. Was I? Now I kinda feel like crap about it and I wanna hear from others. How would YOU have handled this?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I agree with you. I would have done the same thing with my boys.

Pressure Washing El Monte said...

I ennjoyed reading your post