Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Doin' the Time Warp


I just spent the last hour on the phone with Prom Date. We've been communicating through MySpace (shut it!) for a few weeks. His lovely wife... umm... Wife of Prom Date... gave me their phone numbers very early into our correspondence. I set a mini weight loss goal for myself of 25 lbs. Once I reached 25 lbs I would call them and talk on the phone. I reached my goal yesterday. So... I called them. Wife of Prom Date is adorable. She's funny, friendly, bubbly and very open. I felt like I'd known her all my life. I called her this afternoon when I knew Prom Date would be working. I wanted to talk to her first just to be sure she was still OK with my calling. We ended up talking for over an hour.


Anyway, I called PD and it felt a little... odd. I was apprehensive and weirded out a bit and I'm honestly not sure why. The second he started talking it was like we'd never lost touch. We talked about our parents, siblings, nephews and nieces. We discussed where were were in life and how we got here. Man... I've missed that friendship. We spoke of our kids meeting and playing together. That. Would. ROCK!


Yanno... His daughter... is the same age... as Shecky... Hmmmm... Arranged marriage anyone?

No comments: