Monday, August 27, 2007

School Daze

Lunch Made-- Check
Clothes Ready-- Check
Alarm Set-- Check

Today was the first day of 2nd grade at the new school for Shecky. It was a whole new world. Parents, COUPLES, walked their kids into school and to their classrooms. THAT never happened in Houston.

Overheard statement by High School Kid : "I don't know. I've never gone to this school before. Its different. Everyone is so FRIENDLY!"

There was no organized pick up after school. No line of cars picking up their kids as the teachers funnel them to the appropriate car. Just a mingling of parents and kids, cars parked here and there, where ever they could find a spot.

Shecky found us IMMEDIATELY, a huge smile on his excited little face. "I had a GREAT Day! I was GOOD on my first day of school!"

He enjoyed himself immensely. We got home, he did his homework and predictably HATED it lol. His old school didn't believe in homework. (Which I HATED BTW. I never knew what they were working on or how he was doing unless I got a report card.) But, he was a trooper. Got it all done... and then RAN out the door to play. I have a feeling this lil country school... is gonna be a GREAT thing for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great first day of school, for the both of you!